Ebere is an entrepreneur, leadership development strategist, and advocate for gender leadership and inclusion.
Ebere’s natural charisma, warm nature means she easily attracts and connects with people from all walks of life.
I believe that leadership development is a tool that helps us embrace our full potential and make space for others to embrace theirs.
For over 20 years, I have run and managed my own business – first, a clothing boutique for women and then a restaurant that grew into a multi-branch company with 2 locations and 7 sales outlets with a large catering branch, employing over 56 team members and over 20 external suppliers and consultants.
Here’s my story.
I was 7 months pregnant and lost my corporate job. I immediately started a business – a female clothing boutique – which failed twice within 6 months due to my lack of business and leadership skills. Instead of giving up, I decided to learn how to build a business – because you don’t know what you don’t know.
Applying my learned skills into the clothing business, it became successful and I recovered all my losses within 6 months. Remembering my childhood dream of owning a restaurant, I launched my first restaurant business in 2008. My restaurant business became successful and expanded into 2 branches and sales outlets and continued growing – until she had to relocate to the Netherlands with my family.
Arriving in a new country with a different culture, language, and zero networks and not knowing where to start, I re-started my career from scratch. First, I embarked on a spiritual journey to rediscover myself– values, visions, and purpose. In the process, I reinvented myself, found my leadership voice, and launched a new business, while taking care of my 5 children.
I now connect women leaders with tools, education, and the platform to help women to show up and be visible with their leadership voice and build successful companies. I also lead the global Rise and Lead movement to increase the representation of women in leadership positions in the workplace and in the marketplace.
I’m highly result-oriented and believe that partnerships and collaborations will help us all achieve our business goals. I’m driven to help others achieve their goals, and so I’m using her platform to share knowledge and resources with you to help you achieve your business goals through partnerships.
I’d love to hear from you.
A Little More About My Background and Body of Work:
Each week, I publish a blog called “Our Rise to Leadership”. I’m also writing a book on the same topic.
During the pandemic, I started writing a book on small business development. I share part of the content as a blog on social media and my website.
I’m happily raising 5 kids (3 boys and 2 girls) with my husband.
I love organizing creative events. I connect people through events.
I write and speak about entrepreneurship, leadership & culture development, and Diversity & Inclusion.
I believe in fairness and equal opportunity for everyone to succeed without barriers or prejudice. Just as many have helped me, I wish to give back generously so that I can make a difference.
I have faith in God.
- Entrepreneur, business strategist, and consultant for small businesswomen, corporate organizations, and event organizers.
- The host of Inspiring Women Leaders Show.
- Expert public speaker at live and online events – spoken at major organizations, including Elsevier, United Nations, Rise and Lead Summit and many more.
- Advisor and facilitator of digital media and events for several organizations.
- Creator of the best-rated women leadership summit in the Netherlands – Rise & Lead Summit.
- Founder of Rise and Lead Women.
- Founding Chair of BIEL Foundation – Beauty in Every Life.
- Co-founder of ATARO.
- I’m a two-time award recipient from Women’s Economic Forum and the Rotary Club.
- I have opened and run two restaurants and catering operations with seven sales outlets employing over 56 staff members and hitting 8-figures in revenue.
- I hold a BSc. in Food Science and Technology and a Master’s degree in Management and Leadership from Webster University, USA.
Here’s what I’m currently working on:
Organizing a yearly women’s leadership event, called ‘Rise & Lead Summit: Leadership. Inclusion. Equity.’ The date is September 22 – 24 2021.
Consulting for organizations on leadership development and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. And mentoring women small business owners on business growth strategies.
Leading the Founder Table Club for high potential female entrepreneurs.